A Moving Checklist to Help You Stay Connected.
Moving somewhere new is exciting – it’s a chance to make new memories and new connections. It can also be pretty overwhelming. To make your move as seamless and stress-free as it should be, we’ve put together a moving checklist of everything you need to stay organized and connected to what matters most.
Set up your moving HQ - Our cell phones are always with us; why not
make yours your
official moving headquarters so you can stay on top of the details from anywhere,
anytime? Plan and organize your entire move with helpful and free apps like
MoveAdvisor or TaskRabbit. They take care of the
technicals like household
inventory, scheduling donation pickups and hiring movers.
Plus, organizing your moving to-do’s for you and your family is easy with Evernote or Notion.
Schedule your transfer of services, forward your mail, update your address in apps for your utilities, banks, USPS and more. So once you arrive at your new home, everything is ready to go.
- Switch wireless carriers - Check to see if you can get a better plan or savings by changing wireless carriers if your current one isn’t great in your new area. At UScellular™, we offer a variety of industry-leading plans and pricing with service you can count on. Compare our plans.
- Keep your devices on deck - Keep your devices and chargers at the ready to communicate with movers or friends helping out, contact utility companies or local hardware stores for any last-minute fixes, and keep kids entertained with tablets and headphones. Pro tip: During your move you can use your phone as a hotspot until you can set up your home internet. Shop tablets.
- Update emergency address - Put safety first and set up WiFi calling if you haven’t already. Don’t forget to update your emergency address. A registered address is required in order for E911 calling to work. Learn more.
- Connect to Your New Network - Now for the fun part. Once you’re all moved in, set up the rest of your wireless devices, connect to your new UScellular network, and sign in to your important platforms and subscriptions. See our internet plans.
- Get to Know Your Neighbors - As you make your rounds of introductions in your new community, make sure to stop by your local UScellular branch. Our friendly team members are ready to meet you and answer questions about everything from our reliable service, cutting-edge devices, to where you’ll find the best pizza spots. Find a store.
Consider this checklist our freshly-baked welcome-to-the-neighborhood cookies. By staying connected and organized, you can enjoy the excitement of moving and keep stress at a minimum. To learn more about our locally grown wireless network, devices, plans and pricing in your new area, contact us.