Did you know? We can also assist you with this request by doing this online or over the phone.
Be Prepared With These Time-Saving Tips
Good to know:
Before you go:
- You must be the account owner, an authorized contact
You may appoint one or more persons to manage your account ("Authorized Contacts"). These Authorized Contacts will be able to access and make changes to your account, including but not limited to; view information about the account, add and/or terminate lines of Service, purchase equipment, extend and/or renew the IT, make payments on the account, etc. You are responsible for any account changes and/or purchases made by any Authorized Contact. Authorized users could be:
- Your U.S. Cellular account must be current, with no past-due payments.
- If account is past-due, you can make a payment at the store or make a payment ahead of time on My Account
- If you are turning in your current device, it must be in good working condition
Devices are considered to be in good working condition when: the device functions as expected and no physical, cosmetic and/or liquid damage exists.
- Devices purchased with monthly installment payments must have at least 24 payments completed
- If you have not completed 24 payments, you may either:
- Make additional payments to accelerate your upgrade eligibility
- Pay the remainder of installments left on your current device
- Devices on a 2-year contract must be within 6 months of their upgrade eligibility date
- If not within 6 months, you may pay a $15/month fee to purchase upgrade eligibility
Make sure to bring:
- Back up any personal data stored on your current device(texts, pictures, contacts, etc). If enrolled in Device Protection+, you can use Secure Backup feature in the U.S Cellular Protect app to do so.
- For Android devices, you can also back up your content via Google
- For Apple devices, you can also back up content via iCloud
- Unlock the device by removing the passcode
- To disable passcode on Android devices, please refer to our Device Tutorials for your specific device
- For Apple devices, you should also disable "Find my iPhone/Find my iPad" (instructions)
- If you've installed any apps, be prepared to reinstall them on your new device (Please note: U.S. Cellular is not responsible for charges related to application installation
Did you Know?
- Your current device, if applicable
- A valid, government-issued photo ID
A valid photo ID is a government- or state-issued ID that is not expired and that has a clearly distinguishable photo. Including (but not limited to): driver's license, state issued identification card, passport, military ID, Personal Identity Verification (PIV), federally recognized tribal ID., such as a driver's license or passport, if visiting a store
- Your account PIN, if calling customer care
- Form of payment
You can complete a device trade-in online by visiting uscellular.com/tradein
Ready to visit a store? Find the one nearest you >
Smart Tip: Some stores will even let you schedule an appointment ahead of time.