Be Prepared With These Time-Saving Tips
Good to know:
Before you go:
- To receive full trade-in value, the device must be in good working condition
Devices are considered to be in good working condition when: the device functions as expected and no physical, cosmetic and/or liquid damage exists.
- Please note: The value of any device is subject to change based on current market demand and the overall condition of the device.
- To complete a trade-in, you must have an active U.S. Cellular® account. If you do not have an active account, you can become eligible for the trade-in program by creating one today.
- Only smartphones are eligible for trade-in. Connected devices, including tablets, are not eligible.
Make sure to have:
- Back up any personal data stored on your current device (texts, pictures, contacts, etc).
- For Android devices, you can back up your content via Google
- For Apple devices, you can back up content via iCloud
- If you've installed any apps, be prepared to reinstall them on your new device (Please note: U.S. Cellular is not responsible for charges related to application installation
- Unlock the device by removing the passcode
- To disable passcode on Android devices, please refer to our Device Tutorials for your specific device
- For Apple devices, you should also disable "Find my iPhone/Find my iPad" (instructions)
Did you Know?
- A valid, government-issued photo ID
A valid photo ID is a government- or state-issued ID that is not expired and that has a clearly distinguishable photo. Including (but not limited to): driver's license, state issued identification card, passport, military ID, Personal Identity Verification (PIV), federally recognized tribal ID., such as a driver's license or passport, if visiting a store
- Form of payment
- The device you want to trade in
You can complete a device trade-in online by visiting uscellular.com/tradein
Ready to visit a store? Find the one nearest you >
Smart Tip: Some stores will even let you schedule an appointment ahead of time.