Did you know? We can also assist you with this request over the phone. Just call Customer Care for help at 1-888-944-9400.
Be Prepared For Your Store Visit With These Time-Saving Tips
Good to know:
Before you go:
- Devices must be returned within 15 days of purchase
- The device must be in like-new condition
Devices are considered to be like-new condition when the device is in perfect working condition with no physical, cosmetic and / or liquid damage. All original packaging, UICC card, accessories, and manuals are intact and included.
- You must be the account owner, an authorized contact
You may appoint one or more persons to manage your account ("Authorized Contacts"). These Authorized Contacts will be able to access and make changes to your account, including but not limited to; view information about the account, add and/or terminate lines of Service, purchase equipment, extend and/or renew the IT, make payments on the account, etc. You are responsible for any account changes and/or purchases made by any Authorized Contact. Authorized users could be:
or have power of attorney on the account.
- The Account Owner or primary contact is financially responsible for the account
- A Power of Attorney (POA) is granted access to the account and may act on the Account Owner’s behalf
- An Authorized Contact is granted access to the account and, in some cases, may act on the Account Owner’s behalf.
- A User Contact is granted limited access
- An Unlisted User has no documented affiliation with the account
- An Anonymous account is a prepaid customer who chose not to provide a name. These accounts can be with or without a PIN. The inclusion of a PIN does not alter transactions the customer can complete.
- If purchased in a U.S. Cellular store, device should be returned to the same store location
Make sure to bring:
- Back-up or transfer any personal data stored on the devices (texts, pictures, contacts, apps, etc.)
- For Samsung Galaxy devices, you can back up and transfer content via Samsung Smart-Switch
- For Android devices, you can back up and transfer your content via Google
- For Apple devices transferring to Apple devices, you can back up and transfer content via Apple Support
- If you're not sure how to back up content on your particular device, you can find specific, step-by-step instructions in our Device Tutorials
- Unlock any devices being returned or traded-in by removing the passcode
- To disable passcode on Android devices, please refer to our Device Tutorials for your specific device
- For Apple devices, you should also disable "Find my iPhone/Find my iPad". View instructions.
- If you've installed any apps, be prepared to reinstall them on your new device
Please note: U.S. Cellular is not responsible for charges related to application installation
- The device with its original receipt
- The device's original packaging, SIM card and any manuals, cords or other items that were included
- A valid, government-issued photo ID
A valid photo ID is a government- or state-issued ID that is not expired and that has a clearly distinguishable photo. Including (but not limited to): driver's license, state issued identification card, passport, military ID, Personal Identity Verification (PIV), federally recognized tribal ID., such as a driver's license or passport, if visiting a store
- Your Account PIN, if calling Customer Care
Ready to visit a store? Find the one nearest you >
Smart Tip: Some stores will even let you schedule an appointment ahead of time.