Lifeline support lowers the cost of monthly service. An eligible customer may receive the Lifeline discount on either a wireline or wireless connection, but the discount is available for only one service connection per household. Lifeline discounts do not apply to taxes, surcharges, and mileage charges.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance*
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)*
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)*
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations*
- You can also get Lifeline if your income is 135% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The guideline is based on your household size and state.
To qualify for U.S. Cellular's® Lifeline service discount, you must be a resident of one of these states and provide a card, letter, or another document as proof that you qualify for one of the programs listed above.
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
*You must reside on Tribal Lands