Did you know? We can also assist you with this request over the phone. Just call Customer Care for help at (1-888-944-9400).
Be Prepared For Your Store Visit With These Time-Saving Tips
Good to know:
Before you go:
- Exchanges must be made within 15 days of purchase
- The device must be in like-new condition
Devices are considered to be like-new condition when the device is in perfect working condition with no physical, cosmetic and / or liquid damage. All original packaging, UICC card, accessories, and manuals are intact and included.
- A re-stocking fee may apply
- You must be the account owner, an authorized contact
You may appoint one or more persons to manage your account ("Authorized Contacts"). These Authorized Contacts will be able to access and make changes to your account, including but not limited to; view information about the account, add and/or terminate lines of Service, purchase equipment, extend and/or renew the IT, make payments on the account, etc. You are responsible for any account changes and/or purchases made by any Authorized Contact. Authorized users could be:
or have power of attorney on the account.
- The Account Owner or primary contact is financially responsible for the account
- A Power of Attorney (POA) is granted access to the account and may act on the Account Owner’s behalf
- An Authorized Contact is granted access to the account and, in some cases, may act on the Account Owner’s behalf.
- A User Contact is granted limited access
- An Unlisted User has no documented affiliation with the account
- An Anonymous account is a prepaid customer who chose not to provide a name. These accounts can be with or without a PIN. The inclusion of a PIN does not alter transactions the customer can complete.
Make sure to have:
- Back up any personal data stored on your current device (texts, pictures, contacts, etc.).
- For Android devices, you can back up your content via Google
- For Apple devices, you can back up content via iCloud
- If you've installed any apps, be prepared to reinstall them on your new device
(Please note: U.S. Cellular is not responsible for charges related to application installation.)
- Unlock the device by removing the passcode
- To disable passcode on Android devices, please refer to our Device Tutorials for your specific device
- For Apple devices, you should also disable "Find my iPhone/Find my iPad" (instructions)
- A valid, government-issued photo ID
A valid photo ID is a government- or state-issued ID that is not expired and that has a clearly distinguishable photo. Including (but not limited to): driver's license, state issued identification card, passport, military ID, Personal Identity Verification (PIV), federally recognized tribal ID., such as a driver's license or passport, if visiting a store
- The device with its original receipt
- The original device packaging, SIM card, and any manuals or cords that were included
- A form of payment, if the new device is of higher value than the original
- Your Account PIN, if calling Customer Care
Ready to visit a store? Find the one nearest you >
Smart Tip: Some stores will even let you schedule an appointment ahead of time.