U.S. CELLULAR CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED DEVICE 90-DAY LIMITED WARRANTY
U.S. Cellular's obligation under this Limited Warranty shall be limited to, at its option and without charge to You, repairing or replacing with a new or refurbished Product, or providing a refund of the purchase price You paid for, any Product that U.S. Cellular determines to be defective, either in material or workmanship, under normal use and service within the Warranty Period, when the Product is returned to U.S. Cellular within the Warranty Period. Shipping costs to and from U.S. Cellular are not covered and Product returns are only accepted in-store as directed below. If the Product is replaced during the Warranty Period, the Warranty Period expires at the end of the Warranty Period. Any refunded or replaced Products shall become the property of U.S. Cellular.
This Limited Warranty Does NOT Cover:
- Damage caused by improper installation or failure to follow U.S. Cellular's or the manufacturer's instructions.
- Cosmetic damage, including scratches, dents, cracks and similar damage.
- Damage caused by use with products not sold by U.S. Cellular or its authorized retailers for use with the Product.
- Damage caused intentionally or by unauthorized modifications or alterations to the Product; damage caused by acts outside of U.S. Cellular's control including, without limitation, accident, misuse, abuse, vandalism, tampering, negligence or willful misconduct, flood, exposure to weather or water, lightning, fire, intrusion, theft, insects, animals, abuse, misuse, an act of god or nature, any casualty, improper repair, operating a Product outside its permitted or intended uses as defined in the Product's user manual or other documentation provided or made available to You.
- Products that have been modified in any manner without the written permission of U.S. Cellular.
- Any product that has either physical or water damage as determined by U.S. Cellular in its reasonable judgment.
- Software, including defects or damage resulting from viruses or other software problems introduced into the Product.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Product used or purchased outside the United States.
- Corruption or loss of data, pictures, video or any media present on any hard drive, storage device.
- Batteries except if battery capacity falls below 80% of rated capacity or the battery leaks, and excluding batteries charged by a battery charger not specified or approved by the manufacturer of the Product for charging the battery; batteries with broken seals or that show evidence of tampering; and any battery that has been used in equipment other than the device for which it is specified.
The duration of any implied warranty arising under the law of Your State, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, is limited to the duration of the Warranty Period. The repair, replacement or refund provided under this Limited Warranty is Your sole and exclusive remedy, and U.S. Cellular's sole and exclusive liability under this Limited Warranty, and is provided in lieu of all other warranties and remedies, express and implied. Under no circumstances shall U.S. Cellular, its affiliates, suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, resellers or distributors be liable for damages in an amount greater than the actual purchase price of the Product giving rise to the damages or for any other loss, liability, or damages including, without limitation, consequential, incidental, punitive, general, special or exemplary damages, loss of revenue or profits, loss of information or data, or losses arising out of or in connection with the use of or inability to use the Product or the delay or failure of the Product to send or receive signals or data or to operate properly including, without limitation, losses due to personal injury, death or loss of or damage to property resulting from any of the foregoing. You agree that U.S. Cellular is not an insurer of Your property or the personal safety of persons in or around Your premises, that the price charged for the Product reflects the value of the Product and not the value of Your premises or its contents or any losses associated with personal injury or death. Insurance, if any, covering such losses shall be obtained by You from a third party. This Limited Warranty gives You specific rights and You may also have other rights which may vary from State to State. Additionally, some States do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages or a limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts so this limitation and exclusion may not apply to You.
If the Product fails to operate or You otherwise believe it to be defective or malfunctioning, please:
- Make sure that the Product is charged, activated properly, and has been reset, if possible, in accordance with manufacturer's and U.S. Cellular's instructions.
- Call the U.S. Cellular Customer Service toll-free number at (888) 944-9400 to troubleshoot or obtain information about Product returns.
- Bring Your Product and the bill of sale or receipt with the date of purchase for it to any authorized U.S. Cellular store to obtain service under this Limited Warranty. Call (888) 844-9400 or see http://www.uscellular.com/storefinder/index.html to find the nearest authorized U.S. Cellular location.
- Back-up any data, pictures, video, media, software, applications, or other files and remove any removable hard drive or storage device from the Product before returning it to U.S. Cellular. U.S. Cellular is not responsible for the loss, corruption, modification, or failure of any data, pictures, video, media, software, applications, or other files on Your Product.
- For the device to be repaired, any pin, activation, or cloud lock must be removed or disabled. The device may be sent back unrepaired if this step is not completed.