Samsung Expands Galaxy Note 7 Battery Safety Recall and Exchange Program to include original and replacement devices.
Samsung and the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) have announced the expansion of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall to include all original and replacement devices purchased from U.S. Cellular prior to October 13, 2016. In addition, the Department of Transportation (DOT) has banned Note 7 devices from all flights due to safety concerns, effective 10/15/2016. It is critically important that you immediately power down and stop using your Samsung Galaxy Note 7. To exchange your recalled device follow the instructions outlined below. To view the CPSC recall notice click here.
How do I return my Galaxy Note 7?
As a U.S. Cellular customer, your safety is our number one priority. Please follow the instructions below to return your recalled device for exchange or refund.
|How did you originally purchase your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 device?||What you should do:|
|I visited a U.S. Cellular Store
I ordered it on uscellular.comI ordered by calling U.S. Cellular
I visited a U.S. Cellular Authorized Agent
|Please contact Samsung at 1-844-365-6197 to return your Galaxy Note 7.|
|I visited a Sam's Club or Walmart||Please visit the Sam's Club or Walmart location where your purchased your device to determine your exchange or refund options.|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it okay for me to continue using my Galaxy Note 7? No. Because your safety is important to us, if you own a Galaxy Note 7 we ask that you power it down and return it for exchange or refund.
2. What are the available exchange or refund options for my recalled Galaxy Note 7: If you are still in possession of your recalled Samsung Galaxy Note 7, please take immediate advantage of one of the following exchange or refund options:
- Exchange your current Galaxy Note 7, and any Galaxy Note 7 specific accessories, for another in-stock Samsung smartphone. This option qualifies for a special bill credit described below.
- Exchange your current Galaxy Note 7, and any Galaxy Note 7 specific accessories, for any other in-stock smartphone.
- Obtain a full refund for your current Galaxy Note 7 and Galaxy Note 7 specific accessories.
3. Will I receive any bill credits for my participation in the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall program?
With the announcement of the original recall on September 15, 2016, an automatic $25 bill credit was applied to your account for each Note 7 purchased from U.S. Cellular as a gesture of our appreciation for your participation in this recall.
With the announcement of the expanded recall on October 6, 2016, an additional $75 bill credit will be applied to your account for each Note 7 that you exchange for a different Samsung smartphone on or before November 20, 2016. This credit applies only to Samsung smartphones and will be applied only after you return your Galaxy Note 7.
4. May I return my Galaxy Note 7-related accessories for a refund?
Yes. Any Note 7-specific accessories (cases, screen protectors, memory cards and Type-C chargers) purchased with your recalled device may be returned for a full refund.
If you purchased accessories from a Sam's Club, Walmart, or a U.S. Cellular Authorized Agent location, your refund options may vary. Please contact your place of purchase to determine your refund options.
5. Will the restocking fee be waived when I return my Galaxy Note 7? Yes, restocking fees are being waived for all returned Galaxy Note 7 devices.
6. Are there any other Samsung phones impacted by the recall? No. this recall is only for the original and replacement Galaxy Note 7 devices.
7. Is my replacement Galaxy Note 7 affected by the recall? Yes. We apologize for the inconvenience, but the recall now applies to all Galaxy Note 7 phones. Unfortunately your replacement device must be exchanged or returned for a refund.
8. I've got an upcoming flight; will I be allowed to take my Note 7 on the plane with me? No. As of 12:00pm EDT on October, 15, 2016, you will not be allowed to take your Galaxy Note 7 on any flights. This includes both carry on and checked luggage. Please refer to the DOT website for more information.
If you have additional questions regarding the Samsung Galaxy Note recall, please contact your place of purchase or U.S. Cellular Customer Service.