Wide Area Plans FAQs
1) What is the Wide Area Calling Area?
2) What is the difference between the Wide Area Calling Area and the Local Calling Area?
The Wide Area Calling Area includes all U.S. Cellular® territory in 25 states while the Local Calling Area includes your hometown and nearby cities.
3) Why are roaming minutes included in select Wide Area Single Line and all Wide Area Family Plans?
The roaming minutes included in select Wide Area Single Line Plans and Wide Area Family plans will provide protection from roaming charges when you use your service outside of the Wide Area Calling Area. The roaming minutes included in the plans are in addition to the anytime minutes.
4) Will I still incur roaming charges if I travel outside of the Wide Area Calling Area?
Select Wide Area Single Line Plans and Wide Area Family Plans include roaming minutes. If you use more than the included roaming minutes in the calling plan, you will incur roaming charges. Roaming packages can be purchased to provide additional protection from roaming charges.
5) What is a Roaming Package?
A roaming package includes minutes that can be used outside of the Wide Area Calling Area to help customers manage roaming charges. Roaming packages start at $10/month for 100 minutes.
6) If I am a current U.S. Cellular customer, can I now make calls on the Wide Area Calling Area?
The Wide Area Calling Area is available only for customers that purchase Wide Area Calling Plans. To switch to a Wide Area Calling Plan, contact customer service at 1-888-944-9400 or visit a retail location.
7) How do I get detailed billing?
If detailed billing is not included in your bill and you want call details, visit a retail location or contact customer care to have detailed billing added to your account.