Retail Installment Pricing FAQs
1) What is retail installment pricing?
The retail installment pricing program gives you the option to spread out payments for a device across a 24 month period (12 months for tablets) on a Retail Installment Contract. On Shared Connect Plans, financing a device gives you the ability to upgrade to a new device in as little as 12 months.
2) How do I qualify for retail installment pricing?
Your eligibility depends on a credit check, the type of plan you choose, and your device selection. A higher down payment may be due at signing based on the credit check, and the total number of devices able to be financed may be limited in the future. Retail installment pricing is available on Shared Connect Plans for Smartphones, Basic Phones and Tablets. For Simple Connect Plans, only Smartphones and Basic Phones qualify for retail installment pricing.
3) Where do I go if I want to finance my next device?
4) Can I change my device while I'm paying off my current one?
Yes, but the existing remaining balance must be paid in full prior to activating a newly financed device.
5) Can I cancel service and still pay monthly installments on the device?
For Smartphones and Basic Phones, the full amount remaining on the Retail Installment Contract must be paid at the time of cancellation. For tablets, monthly installments can continue to be paid on the device after service is cancelled.
6) Are there any fees if I pay off my financed device early?
There is no penalty or fee for early payoff, just the remaining balance on the Retail Installment Contract is due.
7) Can I finance a tablet that is Wi-Fi only?
No. A service plan is required to activate a financed tablet.
8) How many devices can I finance on my account?
The current limit is 2 financed devices per account. Business customers can finance up to 10 devices.