AppleĀ® iPhoneĀ® FAQs
1) Do I need to sign a 2-year agreement when purchasing an iPhone?
Yes, a new 2-year agreement is required when purchasing an iPhone at a discounted price. If an iPhone is purchased at U.S. Cellular's Full Retail Price, then a 2-year agreement is not required.
2) Are there minimum service and data pricing requirements when purchasing an iPhone?
Yes, if you purchase an iPhone at a discounted price, a data plan is required. If an iPhone is purchased at U.S. Cellular's Full Retail Price, then a 2-year agreement is not required.
3) Can I upgrade from another Smartphone to an iPhone and keep my existing service plan?
Yes, in most cases you can keep your existing U.S. Cellular service plan. Contact Customer Service at 1-888-944-9400 to determine if your existing service plan is available for the iPhone. If you have an existing U.S. Cellular Family Plan, you may want to consider a new Shared Data plan.
4) I am an existing U.S. Cellular customer, can I switch to an iPhone even though I am not eligible to upgrade?
Yes, but you will need to purchase the device at Full Retail Price without a discount.
5) Can I go to an Apple store to purchase and activate an iPhone on the U.S. Cellular network?
At this time, you must purchase an iPhone directly from U.S. Cellular for use on the U.S. Cellular network.
6) Where is the closest store to purchase an iPhone?
You can find your nearest U.S. Cellular store using the Store Locator.
7) Will my existing U.S. Cellular voice mail service transfer over when I activate my iPhone?
Yes, your existing U.S. Cellular voice mail box will transfer to the iPhone. However, U.S. Cellular's Voice Mail to Text service is not available for the iPhone at this time. Instead, Visual Voice Mail is available for all iPhone users.
8) What happens to any apps that were pre-installed on my existing U.S. Cellular device when I switch to iPhone?
U.S. Cellular applications (except for Slacker Radio) that were pre-installed on your existing U.S. Cellular device are not available when you switch to an iPhone. If you have downloaded an app from Google Play, check the App Store to determine if that application is available for use on an iPhone.
9) Can I use an iPhone from another wireless carrier on the U.S. Cellular network?
No, these devices are incompatible with the U.S. Cellular network. However, you can trade-in your existing iPhone for an iPhone that is compatible with the U.S. Cellular network. See your nearest U.S. Cellular store for trade-in program details.
10) Will the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c work on U.S. Cellular's 4G LTEā¢ network?
11) Where can I find support information including the user guide for the iPhone?
You can find iPhone support information on the Apple Support page. If you need additional assistance with your iPhone, or if you have questions about your U.S. Cellular service, please contact Customer Service at 1-888-944-9400.