Online Account Management FAQs
1) What is online account management?
Online account management enables you to register your account so you can pay your bill, check your minutes of use and schedule automatic payments. Your monthly statements will be stored for up to 16 months. Sign up today!
2) Is my personal information safe?
Yes. Protecting customer information is of the utmost priority to U.S. Cellular. We practice a variety of safeguards to protect your personal information and have established policies and programs to prevent unauthorized access to our systems. We restrict access to your personal information to only those work groups that need to know that information to perform their job function. We do not knowingly provide customer information to companies offering cell phone records for sale. And, we train our customer care representatives not to provide account information to anyone who is not authorized to access your account.
Please Note: When you register your account online, you have the option to sign up to receive e-mail or text message alerts each time your account is accessed online. This will help keep you informed when your account has been accessed.
3) How do I sign up for online account management?
4) Does it cost anything to register my account?
No. There is no cost to sign up for online account management.
5) Will I be notified when my bill is ready?
Yes. You can chose to be notified via an e-mail or text message. You can also select to be notified each time your account is accessed, when a payment has been received and when the bill is more than the maximum dollar amount you authorized to be deducted from your account.
6) I have a Prepaid Wireless account. Can I sign up for online account management?
No. Prepaid Wireless service account information is not available online.
7) I have a business account with U.S. Cellular. Can I sign up for online account management?
Yes. Business customers can sign up for online account management. You can register multiple lines under one account. However, online account management is not available for MABEL customers.
8) Can I set up automatic monthly payments?
Yes. Go to My Account, select Manage Your Account, Make Payments, then select Manage Payment, Auto Payment. You will be able to select payment from your checking account or credit card.
9) Will I still receive a paper bill each month?
Yes. When you sign up for online account management you will continue to receive a paper statement in the mail each month. If you want to receive your statement online only, change your preference in Manage My Account. Your statements will be available for up to 16 months.
10) How do I cancel my paper bill?
Go to My Account, select Manage My Account, Preferences, Stop Paper Bill. Please allow up to one billing cycle.
11) Do you recommend suppressing my paper bill?
Yes. When you suppress your paper bill, not only are you helping save trees, you will receive your bill faster and securely online. It also enables us to invest the savings back into providing you with improved products and services.
12) How do I change my notification preferences?
To change your notification preferences, go to My Account, then select Manage Preferences.
13) How do I change my Password?
Log in to My Account, click on Manage Preferences, then select 'Change Your Password'. Enter your current Password and then enter a new Password. Passwords must be at least 6 characters long with no special characters or spaces. A text message will be sent to your wireless phone confirming the change to your password.
14) How do I change my Security Questions?
Go to My Account, select Manage Preferences, Change Your Security Question. A text message will be sent to your wireless phone confirming that you changed your security questions. You will not be charged for any incoming text messages from U.S. Cellular related to your online account profile.
15) Can I change my e-mail address and text messaging notification preferences?
Yes. Go to My Account, select Manage Preferences, Change E-mail Address and Text Messaging Notification Preferences. However, for your protection, a text message notification is required to be sent for the following items:
When I change my password
When I change my security question
When I change my e-mail address
16) Does it cost anything for me to receive my notifications via text message?
No. All U.S. Cellular customers receive free incoming text messages. Read more about Text Messaging.
17) I forgot my User Name and Password.
No problem. As long as you know your Account Number, which is located on the top of your U.S. Cellular bill, you can select "Forgot User Name or Password" and enter your Account Number. You will then be asked to enter your Social Security or Tax ID Number and answer one of your Security Questions.
18) I cannot find my account number and I cannot remember my Security Questions. What should I do?
If you cannot remember your Security Questions, contact Customer Care at (888) 944-9400.
19) I believe my account was accessed by someone other than an authorized user. What should I do?
If you believe someone other than an authorized user accessed your account, call Customer Care at (888) 944-9400.