FAQs - Top Questions
1) Why is my bill so high (mid-cycle changes/proration)?
Prorated or partial charges can appear on your bill if you add or change services in the middle of a billing cycle. Proration can occur on the bill following service suspension or addition of features. Additionally, at U.S. Cellular®, your monthly service charges are billed one month in advance. For example, if your bill date is the 16th, your January 16th bill would reflect monthly service charges that cover January 16th through February 15th. Please check "How To Read Your Bill" for additional billing information.TOPIC - Billing FAQs
2) How do I know if I am on the right plan?
U.S. Cellular's plans are designed to give you the minutes, messaging and data you want at a price that fits your budget. Review and make changes to your plan at anytime online by logging in to My Account. Or, view our latest plan offerings.TOPIC - Online Account Management FAQs
3) How does using data while roaming impact my bill?
4) How do I keep track of the amount of data used on my account?
U.S. Cellular helps you track your data usage by automatically sending you Text Message alerts when you approach your usage limit, but there are even more ways to track your data usage. Learn more about tracking and monitoring your data usage.TOPIC - Data Management FAQs
5) How can I avoid data overages?
- U.S. Cellular provides several tools for managing data and avoiding overages, for example:
- Data Estimation Tools — Use our Data Usage Estimator for Shared Connect Plans to find the Shared Connect plan that will best meet your needs. We also have a more detailed tool to estimate your data usage for an individual device.
- Data Overage Protection — We will send text message alerts (or voice calls for devices that don't accept texts) as you approach and reach your limits.
- My Account — If you haven't already, sign up for My Account, and you can view online how much data has been used, and how much is remaining for your current billing period.
- Wi-Fi Now — Wi-Fi Now is a free app for Android devices that makes it easier to take advantage of the benefits that Wi-Fi offers: a fast connection, savings on your data plan, and the ability to use a wireless network while at home, at the office, or at public hotspots.
6) Can I use my phone while traveling internationally?
You may be able to use your phone when traveling internationally. Making outgoing calls from other countries is available with all plans. Roaming internationally is currently unavailable for customers on Prepaid plans. Learn more about international services.TOPIC - International Services FAQs
7) How do I change the settings on my phone (sync emails, contacts, etc.)?
8) Does U.S. Cellular have national coverage?
With U.S. Cellular, you get national coverage. We built a network with the highest network satisfaction of any national carrier because that's what you deserve. View our Maps and Coverage Locator for additional details.TOPIC - Coverage Locator FAQs
9) How do I know when I am eligible for a phone upgrade?