BlackBerry® and Bluetooth®
Bluetooth® allows you to enjoy wireless hands free communication. Please review the steps shown below to enable your Bluetooth device with your BlackBerry®
Bluetooth is not enabled by default. To enable Bluetooth:
- On the Home screen, open Options by clicking on the icon. Open Bluetooth by clicking on the item. The following screen should appear
- Click the trackwheel and click Enable Bluetooth
To Disable Bluetooth Click the trackwheel and click Disable Bluetooth in the Bluetooth: Enabled window
For Bluetooth to work, the Bluetooth device must be paired. By default, most Bluetooth devices are not in Pairing Mode. Refer to your device manual from the manufacturer to set the device to pairing mode.
To pair your Bluetooth-enabled device to another Bluetooth device after enabling pairing mode:
- Open the Bluetooth screen
On the Home screen, open Options by clicking on the icon.
Open Bluetooth by clicking on the item.
- Click the trackwheel and click Add Device
The Select Device list appears and lists devices that are in range and available to be paired.
- Note: Only devices that are in range, and that are in pairing mode will appear in the available device list.
- Click on a device to pair. The Enter passkey dialog appears
- Enter the passkey to authenticate the device. Most Bluetooth devices contain a hardcoded passkey. Type the passkey for the device in the Enter passkey for <device>. See your other device's manual for its passkey
- Note: Paired Devices appear in the Paired Devices list. Devices can appear in either the Select Device screen or the Paired Devices list, but never in both
A user can prevent their Bluetooth enabled BlackBerry® device from being detected when another Bluetooth searches for devices with which to pair.
To configure the Bluetooth-enabled BlackBerry® device and prevent other devices from detecting it:
- Open the Bluetooth: Enabled screen
- Click the trackwheel and click Options. The Bluetooth Options screen opens
- Click Discoverable, click Change Option, and click No
- Click the trackwheel and click Save