Device Protection+ Summary of Coverage
This is a brief description of the Coverage and Exclusions that apply to Device Protection+. A copy of the coverage documents, with complete details regarding benefits, exclusions and deductible, will be provided to you when you enroll in this program.
• Device Protection+ may duplicate other insurance coverage, such as homeowner's or renter's insurance, that you may have. The Plan's insurance coverage would be primary to any such other coverage. U.S. Cellular® employees are not fully-licensed insurance agents. U.S. Cellular and its employees are not qualified or authorized to evaluate the adequacy of the purchaser's existing insurance coverage. Subscribers can check with their licensed agents for a personal insurance assessment.
• U.S. Cellular receives compensation for the amount you pay each month.
• Causes of Loss Not Covered: Losses caused or resulting from the following are not covered: corrosion or rust; pre-existing conditions; failure to follow manufacturer's maintenance recommendations; delay or loss of market, loss of income or interruption of business; intentional and/or dishonest acts; unauthorized repair or service; power fluctuations; costs which are recoverable under any product warranty. Refer to coverage documents for a complete list of exclusions.
•Term: Protection starts on the Program's start date as shown on the Schedule Page. This is a monthly renewable Program and must be paid on a monthly basis. If you don't pay the monthly Service Contract charge, Program coverage will terminate.
• Device Protection+ covers the device, SIM, battery and wall charger, when required.
• A maximum limit of $1,500 applies per covered loss.
• Please remember that damaged or malfunctioning devices must be returned within 10 days of receiving your replacement device. If the device is not returned, you will be charged an unrecovered equipment fee not to exceed $250.
• Cancellation: You may cancel Device Protection+ service at any time by notifying us in writing or by returning the contract to us. The person paying the premium will receive a prorated unearned premium refund or credit, if applicable, within 15 days in accordance with the terms of your contract or applicable law.
• Program Provider Information: Property insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (NAIC 10111; Principal Address: 11222 Quail Roost Drive, Miami, FL 33157, 1-305-253-2244; Jurisdiction: Washington, D.C. and all states in the United States; Domicile: Florida) in Miami, FL 33157, in all states, except MN, where American Reliable Insurance Company is the Underwriter. The Service Contract Obligor is Federal Warranty Service Corporation in all states, except CA, where it is Sureway, Inc., and OK, where it is Assurant Service Protection, Inc. The Signal CA license is 0D79676. For CA customers, the California Department of Insurance consumer hotline is 1-800-927-4357. For MD customers, the Maryland Department of Insurance consumer hotline is 1-800-492-6116. Companies underwriting Device Protection+ all operate under the trade name Assurant Solutions.
• Administrator Information: Device Protection+ is administered by The Signal, LP in all states except WI, where the administrator is Federal Warranty Service Corporation.
• We are pleased to offer a greener approach to document delivery for your Device Protection+. Electronic document delivery allows you to receive and store your coverage documents and other important information immediately. It also reduces the amount of paper you receive in the mail, which helps protect our environment. Within 30 days of enrollment in Device Protection+, you may receive instructions on how to obtain your documents electronically.