Tethered Modem Set-up
You can use your Android™-Powered phone as a modem to access the Internet from your PC. To take advantage of this tethering feature, you must have an APPROVED DATA PLAN associated with your account or purchase our pay-as-you-go (Tethering On-Demand) option. Tethering On-Demand is available to plans that do not include tethering.
Android Hotspot - Tethering On Demand
Tethering On-Demand provides the ability to share your Android smartphone's mobile internet connection with your other Wi-Fi capable devices, such as your laptop or tablet, with no long term commitment. Pay only for what you plan to use (a day, week, or month). Tethering On-Demand is available on most U.S Cellular Android smartphones and tablets on accounts that do not have tethering already included in the data plan offer.
- Go into the device network settings.
- Activate the Tethering and Portable Hotspot option.
- Follow instructions on the screen to view purchase options and pricing to complete the purchase.
- Purchase of Tethering On-Demand provides access to the tethering functionality on your device. Data usage will be applied against your current plan.
- Accounts with tethering service included in their data plan offer or on an active Tethering On-Demand allowance will not see the Tethering On-Demand pop options.
Android™-Powered Phone Tethering
In order to use your phone as a tethered modem you'll need the following:
- USB cable which came with your original purchase. USB cable not required for Samsung Mesmerize.
- Appropriate drivers
If you own a Samsung Acclaim™ and need another copy of the appropriate drivers, you can download the Samsung Acclaim driver software here.
If you own an LG Apex™ and need another copy of the appropriate drivers, you can download the LG Apex driver software here.
To proceed in setting up your Android™-Powered phone as a tethered modem please click on your phone model below and follow the set-up instructions provided.