- NO PURCHASE OR SERVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase/service will not increase the chances of winning. This Sweepstakes begins on 8:00 am CST November 13, 2009 and ends at 11:59 pm CST on January 15, 2010 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
- Determination of Winners: Following the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor shall tabulate all valid entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. The ten (10) schools that are named on the greatest number of entries will be declared potential prize winners (subject to verification of eligibility). Previous winners of the Calling All Communities Sweepstakes are not eligible to win again. Sponsor may, but is not obligated to, periodically post the then-current results (top 20 schools as of posting date) at uscellular.com/callingallcommunities during the Sweepstakes Period. The final results will be posted on the above Web site by or about March 1, 2010. In the event of a tie, a random drawing between/among the tied schools will be conducted by the Sponsor to determine the potential winner.
- Prizes: A total of ten (10) potential winning schools will be selected in the manner described above. Following verification of eligibility, each winning school will receive a cash prize of $100,000, awarded as a check payable to the school (or to the applicable school district for that winning school, depending on the school's applicable policies). The entrants who submitted the entries corresponding to the winning schools will not receive prizes of any kind. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitutions will be made. All prizes will be awarded, provided they are properly claimed in accordance with these Official Rules. The winning schools will be notified by phone and/or mail. An authorized representative of each school will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release form (where permitted) within ten (10) days of issuance as a condition of awarding a prize to the school. If any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if any school's authorized representative fails to provide the required documents in a timely manner, or if a potential winning school is determined to be ineligible to receive a prize for any reason, the corresponding prize may be forfeited, in the sole discretion of Sponsor. If any prize is forfeited, it may be awarded to an alternate winning school based on the manner of selection described in Rule 3, above.
- Liability/Warranty/Indemnification: By accepting a prize, each winning school agrees to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor and, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives (the "Releasees") from and against any claims, judgments, losses, damages, liabilities, fines, costs or expenses associated with or arising from the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the prize. By accepting a prize, each winning school further agrees that the Releasees are not liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages to the full extent such may be disclaimed by law.
- Additional Terms and Conditions: Payment of any applicable taxes on the prizes shall be the responsibility of the winning schools. Acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify each winning school's agreement and consent that the Sponsor may use such school's name, photos and/or prize information for promotional purposes in all media worldwide, without limitation or further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes in the event of fraud or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control that may impair the integrity of the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is cancelled, Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of cancellation, or in any manner it deems fair and reasonable. This Sweepstakes is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights, and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of any of the United States of America except New York or Florida, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry (19 or older if a resident of NE), and who receive a voting card by visiting a U.S. Cellular store in one of the states U.S. Cellular operates in (CA, IL, IN, IA, KS, MD, ME, MI, MO, MN, NE, NH, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA, WI and WV) or activates, renews or adds additional line(s) of service through Telesales. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, wholesalers, retailers, advertising agencies, promotional agencies, and the officers and directors of each of the foregoing are not eligible to enter.
- Winners List: For the names of the winning schools, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 business-size envelope postmarked by April 1, 2010 to: U.S. Cellular, Attn: Public Affairs and Communications, 8410 West Bryn Mawr, Chicago, IL 60631. The winning schools will also be posted on uscellular.com/callingallcommunities for a limited period of time following the verification of all winning schools.